- 1 List Of Documents required for a Passport
- 2 Documents needed as a proof of non-ECR category
- 3 Documents required for passport renewal
- 4 Documents needed for passport for minor (Below 18 years age)
- 5 Documents necessary for Senior Citizen (Above 65 years)
When you apply for a passport, there is a requirement of various documents you need to submit while applying for passport online. When you visit Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or Regional Passport Office (RPO), you need to verify your documents there. Here, you will get list of documents required for passport or passport application requirements. Documents required for the passport renewal are also given here.At last, we will also provide you passport documents list pdf also. Passports applications are of two types: Normal and tatkaal, moreover it depends on whether you are applying for passport for the first time online or you are applying for renewal of your passport. All the documents needed for passport are given below.
You need to attach self-attested copied or xerox copies of these documents along with application form at PSK. You also need to bring original documents along with copies at the time of verification. Original documents will be checked at PSK and will be returned to you after verification.
List Of Documents required for a Passport
When you are applying for a normal passport as an adult, normally you will require following two proofs:
- Proof Of Date of birth
- Proof Of Present Address
- Documents required for non-ECR(Emigration check required) category
List Of documents valid as a Proof Of Date of Birth
Following list of documents shows proofs you can use to verify your identity or as a Proof Of Date Of Birth at PSK for a fresh passport application.
1. Water Bill
2. Telephone (landline or postpaid mobile bill)
3. Electricity bill
4. Income Tax Assessment Order
5. Election Commission Photo ID card
6. Proof of Gas Connection
7. Certificate from Employer of reputed companies on letter head
8. Spouse’s passport copy (First and last page including family details), (provided the applicant’s present address matches the address mentioned in the spouses passport)
9. Parent’s passport copy, in case of minors(First and last page)
10. Aadhaar Card
11. Registered Rent Agreement
12. Photo Passbook of running Bank Account (Scheduled Public Sector Banks, Scheduled Private Sector Indian Banks and Regional Rural Banks only)
You can submit any one of these Documents as Date of Birth Proof. Now Here is the List of Address Proof!
Documents you can submit as a proof of Present or residential address
Government needs a proof of address to confirm your residence while applying for a passport. Following documents are valid as a proof of address which you can submit while applying for a passport at PSK.
1. Birth Certificate issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths or the Municipal Corporation or any other prescribed authority,whosoever has been empowered under the Registration of Birth and Deaths Act, 1969 to register the birth of a child born in India
2. Transfer/School leaving/Matriculation Certificate issued by the school last attended/recognised educational board
3. Policy Bond issued by the Public Life Insurance Corporations/Companies having the DOB of the holder of the insurance policy
4. Copy of an extract of the service record of the applicant (only in respect of Government servants) or the Pay Pension Order (in respect of retired Government Servants), duly attested/certified by the officer/in-charge of the Administration of the concerned Ministry/Department of the applicant
5. Aadhaar Card/E-Aadhaar
6. Election Photo Identity Card (EPIC) issued by the Election Commission of India
7. PAN Card issued by the Income Tax Department
8. Driving License issued by the Transport department of concerned state Government
9. A declaration given by the Head of the Orphanage/Child Care Home on their official letter head of the organization confirming the DOB of the applicant.
Documents needed as a proof of non-ECR category
List of documents to prove your non-ECR category can be found here.
Documents given above are enough if you are applying for fresh passport and you are adult and not a senior citizen. But for special cases, like in case of minor or senior citizen, you need to provide special documents. Moreover, documents are different for tatkaal application and passport renewal.
Documents required for passport renewal
If you are applying for the re-issue or renewal of the passport, an applicant is required to submit old Passport in original with self-attested photocopy of its first two and last two pages, including ECR/Non-ECR page and the page of observation (if any), made by Passport Issuing Authority and validity extension page, if any, in respect of short validity passport. Proof of address has to be submitted only if it is different from the old passport.
Documents needed for passport for minor (Below 18 years age)
For minor or children who are less than 18 years in age, in additional to proof of identity and proof of address, a Declaration affirming the particulars furnished in the application about the minor is required. And also, if parents already have a passport, attested photocopy of Passport of both or either parent is required. Non-ECR proof is not required till the child is 18 years of age.
Documents necessary for Senior Citizen (Above 65 years)
For citizens of India who are more than 65 years old, documents required for verification are as follows:
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of present address
That’s it, with these two documents handy, you can get your passport as a senior citizen.
We have covered the list of all documents required while application of passport in all types of cases. In case, government updates documents to be needed, we will update this article regularly on our website. You can bookmark our website and check it anytime to see the updated list.
If you have any Questions regarding this article, You can Comment them down, and we are here to Help you!