- 1 Passport Renewal Application Online
- 2 Documents needed for renewal of passport
- 3 Passport Renewal Fees
- 4 How to Apply For Renewal Of Passport Online?
Passport is a very important document. It can be used to travel to other countries as well as an ID proof for various purposes. But a passport has a certain validity.
Once that validity period ends, your passport expires. For using the passport after expiration, you have to renew expired passport. For that, you have to go to complete passport renewal process.
You can get your passport re-issued by following method to re-issue the passport. Here we will show you how to apply for passport renewal online and information about passport renewal application, requirements etc.
Passport Renewal Application Online
You need to apply online for renewal of your passport. The process is quite similar to that of applying for a fresh passport.
However, renewal of passport and re-issue of passport are two completely different things.
Renewal of passport means you can use the same passport but if it’s expired, then after renewing, it can be used.
While re-issue of passport will give you a completely new passport. Complete step by step will be explained later in the article.
Difference Between Passport renewal And Re-issue of Passport
Passport renewal is done if your passport has passed its validity period and no longer usable.
Under this conditions, it should be renewed and by renewing, its validity will be extended.
Re-issue of passport is completely a different thing. In re-issue of passport, you will be issued a completely new passport.
re-issue is done if you have lost your passport, if your passport is exhausted,stolen or damaged.
Documents needed for renewal of passport
The documents you need to verify for renewal or reissue of passport are as follows :
- Old Passport in original
- Self-attested photocopy of old passport’s first two and last two pages, ECR/Non-ECR page , page of observation (if any), made by Passport Issuing Authority and validity extension page, if any, in respect of short validity passport
- Documentary proof for ECR/ Non-ECR category
Passport Renewal Fees
You need to pay the fees for passport renewal or re-issue. You have to pay the fees after the submission of application online. Check How to check passport status by name here.
Passport renewal fees are Rs. 1500/- for 38 pages Passport and Rs. 2000/- for 60 pages passport, for more details you can find passport renewal fees.
How to Apply For Renewal Of Passport Online?
Follow below steps to get re-issue or renew your passport online.
Register At Passport Web portal/Website
- Visit the official website of passport authority of India : http://www.passportindia.gov.in
- Click on “Register now”
- Select the passport office in your city.
- Fill the other asked details like name, DOB etc.
- Fill up login email id and password which you want to set for the website and remember or note the user id and password for further use.
- Click on register.
- Check your email and click on the activation link in the email you received from Passport Authority of India.
Fill the renewal application online
- After that, log in to the passport website http://www.passportindia.gov.in.
- Click on apply for Re-issue of Passport.
- Click on “Fill the application form online”.
- Select whether if your application is normal or tatkaal.
- Then on the next page, fill your details. If you don’t understand anything or have doubts, you can ask in the comments section.
- In next page, enter your family details.
- Then address details and press next.
- Thus, fill out the next few pages with your details too.
- At last on passport details verification page, check if your details are okay and click on next.
- Then write place and date on next page and click on “Submit Form”.
Scheduling appoint at PSK and Making Payment
- On the next page, click on pay and schedule appointment.
- In the next page, enter the PSK location you want to go to verify your passport related documents.
- Finally, click on pay and book appointment.
- Now make the payment for your passport application online. You can find passport fees for you from link.
- Finally, print the receipt for the future purpose to take to the PSK.
That’s it, you have successfully applied for reissue of passport online, now just go at the PSK selected with your documents and verify them and your passport will be delivered at your address.
Leave a comments in below comments section if you have any queries regarding how to renew your passport or any of the steps mentioned in the article.
Share the article on facebook and twitter to make people know the process of passport renewal.