Passport application is an online process in India to get your passport. It is managed by passport authority of India on their official website where a person can apply to get his/her passport. After discussing online passport application in our previous post, in this post, we are going to show you how you can apply for a passport by downloading and filling an e-form which is second method to apply for passport.
How to Download E-Form from Passport Website?
For downloading form for application of passport, you need to first register on the website of the passport authority of India. Follow the below steps for download passport application form.
- First of all, go to the website http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink
- Then click on “Register Now” Button.
- Fill your details including E-mail ID and password.
- In the field login ID, enter the user ID you want for your passport application.
- Click on register.
- Confirm the registration by clicking the link you recieved on your e-mail.
- Now login through your login ID and password through the same website.
- Click on “Apply For Fresh issue/re-issue of passport.
- Now under alternative 1 click on “Click here to download soft copy of form”.
- That’s it, your application form will be downloaded to your device.
- It will be in ZIP format, so first you have to extract it.
- After extraction, you will see the form in PDF format, open it.
Filling of The Passport Application Form Offline
After downloading the e-form, it’s time to fill up the form you downloaded. Open the form which in PDF format file. Now fill up the form as instructed below.
- First of all, select whether you want fresh or re-issue of passport.
- Next select whether your application is normal or tatkaal and then select no. of pages you want in your passbook.
- Then, In applicant details, enter your details as asked in the form.
- In the next part which is place of birth, enter details related to your place of birth as asked.
- Similarly, enter all other details as asked in the form. If you have any doubts regarding what to fill in a particular row, ask us in the comments below.
- After filling all the details in the form, click on “Validate and save”.
- Then, save the form. It will be saved in XML format which is to be later uploaded on the website.
Uploading the filled form of Application to the Passport website
- Again go to passport website and login with your ID and password.
- Click on Apply for fresh/reissue of passport.
- Under alternative 1, click on “Click here to upload the filled form”.
- Select your state and district.
- Select yes or no if you want to provide your name in Hindi or not.
- Noe click on choose file near to “directory path” and upload the form which was saved in XML file earlier.
- Below that, select if you want to enroll for passport SMS services, and if selected then provide your phone number for SMS service.
- Click on Upload.
- That’s it, you have uploaded the e-form for your passport application.
Now you can book an appointment for Passport Seva Kenda for your document verification after paying necessary passport fees for application. Then you need to report at PSK with necessary documents for passport and complete verification process there. Finally, you will get your passport delievered at your address. You my check the passport status of your application.
Share this article on social media to let people know how to download and fill the passport application form? Also, if you have any doubts regarding downloading or filling of the form, you can ask us in the comments below.